Sugar testing machine: A glucometer or Sugar Test machine is a blood glucose monitoring device. This is a medico clinical gadget for measuring the approximate concentration of glucose in the blood. This is a test methodology for use at home to measure the amount of sugar(glucose) in blood. It is a key element of home blood glucose monitoring by people with diabetes mellitus or hypoglycemia.
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes is a disease that happens when blood glucose is too high. Blood glucose is the principal origin of energy. Insulin the main hormone released by gland pancreas which helps glucose from food get into your cells to be used for energy. sometimes the body does not form the necessary insulin, how much need or not use properly.
Glucose then remains in the blood and does not reach cells. Too much sugar in the blood can cause serious health problems and this disease is called diabetes.
So, diabetes can be described as a group of metabolic disorders characterized by high blood sugar levels over a prolonged period.
It is also called “a touch of sugar”.
Here we made a list of Best sugar test machines | Best Glucometer in India. We also update the list on a regular basis so that you can buy the best glucometer.
Best Glucometers in India | Best Sugar Test machine in India
Dr. Trust (USA) Fully Automatic Sugar Test machine
Features of this Sugar Test machine:
- GDH-FAD Strip:- Glucometer avoids interference from blood oxygen variations. It also averts galactose and maltose interference in the blood samples. The sample from arteries, veins, and capillaries can be used to apply the GDH-FAD strip.
- Ketone warning:- The device notifies if your ketones level reaches over 13 mol|L which can lead to diabetic ketoacidosis, if not controlled on time. DIABETIC KETOACIDOSIS is a serious diabetic complication where the body produces excess blood acids (ketones). Symptoms include thirst, nausea, weakness, confusion, frequent urination, fruity-scented breath. It can be triggered by infection or other illness.
- Alternative site testing:- The GDH-FAD strip allows us to eject the blood out of sites other than fingertips. Except for the fingertips we can take blood samples from other sites like the forearm, upper arm, thigh, and calf. These sites lessen the pain due to monotonous pricking.
- 1000 results memory- The meter reserve the 1000 most recent blood glucose test results along with respective dates and times in its memory.
- Face indicator with quick results:- These results show along with face symbols within 5 seconds. A smiley and happy face indicate positive results and a sad smiley indicates unsatisfactory results.
- Accurate results with no coding:- The Dr. Trust gold standard blood glucose monitoring system the most accurate device to monitor glucose in the blood at home. It requires only a small blood sample (0.5 microlitres,) which testing less painful.
- Differents mode:- This machine has general, AC (empty stomach), PC (after taking meals) mode. The general mode can be used to take blood sugar measurement at any time of the day.
- Strip ejection:- This machine has an appropriate and convenient one push strip discharge button that keeps down the danger of infirmity. The strips can be easily inclined off without touching them.
- LCD with backlight:- This glucometer machine has an LCD that comes with a backlight display which is easy to visualize the reading and easy to read at night time. It also embellishes the spot where to insert the spot.
- Units of measurements:- The reading is expressed in two units. They are Mg|dL, and mmol|L.
- Day average and reminder alarm:- This unique and specialized device comes with a unique feature that permits you to set an alarm as an aide-memoire for taking the measurements.
- Fully automatic:- Auto electrode insertion detection, sample loading detection, reaction time count down, switch off after 3 minutes without action, and temperature warning.
- Warranty:- This glucometer machine has come with a 1 year extended warranty.
OneTouch Select Plus Simple Glucometer – Sugar testing machine
Features of OneTouch plus simple sugar testing machine:- The idiosyncratic features of this glucometer machine are:-
- Design:- The design of this glucometer/sugar testing machine is simple and so accurate and uncomplicated. so anyone can easily handle this glucometer machine without any complication.
- Setup- In this gadget, there is no previous set up for the blood sugar test. So anybody can test blood sugar with this machine without any hazard.
- No coding:- This machine has no coding option. This is a very good feature of this machine.
- Blood drop requirement:- Requires only a small amount of blood (1 microlitre )
- Resulting time:- This machine gives accurate results in an average of just 5 seconds.
- Automatic adjustment:- This glucometer machine automatically adjusts for natural red blood cell variations.
- Coloursure and audio signal technology:- Clear understanding of your results with color sure.
Technology and audio signals to make it clear when results are high or low. So you can consider taking action.
- BLUE light lets know you are low with a fast beep.
- GREEN light lets you consider whether you are good to go with a
- RED lets you know you are high with a slow beep.
Procedure to check blood glucose level:
- Insert a OneTouch select plus test strip.
- Apply blood to the top of the strip.
- Your results will be seen on screen.
Dr. Morepen BG-03 Gluco One Glucometer Combo
Features of Dr. Morepen BG-03 sugar test machine:- The distinctive features of this glucometer meter are-
- Blood drop requirement:- Small amount of blood is needed in this type of sugar test machine. Only 0.5microlitre blood is needed to test the sugar level in blood.
- Design– This is an accurate and comprehensible model. So anyone can easily handle this glucometer machine. It is very lustrous and it has two buttons, one of the buttons is to turn it on and the second one is the memory button which can be used to check out the past reading.
- Beeper alert:- The glucometer machine also has a beeper alert. This idiosyncratic feature notifies once when the test is done.
- Smart monitor:- Morphen blood glucose monitor model BG-03 is a smart glucose monitor that helps to measure blood glucose levels quickly, accurately, and comfortably.
- Value for money:- This glucometer machine is very economical. So anybody can easily buy this machine to test the blood sugar level in blood.
- Auto code monitor:– This machine has an auto code monitor technology. This auto code monitor technology gives a specific feature to this glucometer machine.
- Faster result:- This machine gives an accurate and precise blood glucose sugar level results in an average of 5 minutes.
- Large memory:- This glucometer machine is with a special feature that is it has a large display screen that can store up to 300 test results of the past blood glucose level test.
- Warranty:- This machine comes with a warranty of a lifetime.
Accu-Chek Active Blood Glucose Meter Kit
The features of this best sugar test machine are:-
- Design:- This is an accurate and popular model. This model is intuitive in handling. So anyone can easily handle this machine.
- Expeditious Results:- This machine gives accurate results in 5 seconds.
- Pain-Free lancets:- All other types of the machine the lancets which are used in this machine are virtually pain-free. So there is no problem when the test is done.
- Fasting and post-meal marker:- This is a unique feature of this glucometer machine. The fasting and post-meal marker adds a special feature to this glucometer machine which helps at the time of taking fasting blood sugar levels in the blood and after the meal has taken, at that time of blood sugar level test in blood. You can set pre-and post-meal reminders to test.
- Display:- This glucometer machine has a big and clear wonderful display. This display gives clear visibility to read anything which is visualized on the display of the meter.
- Coding:- This machine has a no coding option. This is a very good feature when performing the test. This no coding option of the glucometer reduces the handling steps of the test to check the blood sugar levels in the blood.
- Memory:- This glucometer machine comes with a unique feature that it has a powerful memory so that you can store up to an average of 90 test results of the past blood glucose level test. So the results stay average up to 90 days.
- Attentiveness:- This machine has a special feature to alert. This machine gets alerts if your test strips are expired or if you have underdosed.
- Warranty:- This machine comes with a lifetime warranty.
One Touch Verio Flex Sugar Test Machine
The feature of this Sugar testing machine are:-
- Test strips design:- The test strips use precious metals like gold and palladium to give accurate results as early as possible. This feature makes this glucometer machine so unique.
- Colorsure Technology:- Clear understanding of your results with colorsure technology and audio signals to make it clear when results are high or low . so you can consider taking action.
- GDH-FAD Strip:- Glucometer avoids interference from blood oxygen variations. It also averts galactose and maltose interference in the blood samples. The sample from arteries, veins, and capillaries can be used to apply Dependent Glucose Dehydrogenase – Flavin adenine Dinucleotide.
- Logbook:- This glucometer machine transforms data into quick visual snapshots that connect blood sugar with food and activity.
- Popularity:- This glucometer machine was certified to the latest international standards for blood glucose monitoring devices.
- Less pain with testing:- To perform this test just requires a tiny drop of blood of 0.4 microlitres.
- Memory:- This glucometer machine has a special feature that it has a powerful memory so that you can store up to an average of 500 test results. So you can any time of your past blood sugar levels and compare themselves.
- Warranty:- This machine comes with a lifetime warranty.
Sign and Symptoms of Diabetes
The signs of diabetes are-
- Increased thirst
- Xerostomia or dry
- Feeling more hungry after eating
- Unexplained weight loss
- Blurred vision
- Urine infection
- Kidney disease
Types of Diabetes: –
There have two types of diabetes. These are:-
- Type-1 or Insulin-dependent diabetes or juvenile-onset diabetes mellitus. Cause:- Absolute deficiency of insulin. Caused by autoimmune destruction. Mainly seen in children.
- Type-2 or Non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. Cause:- Relative deficiency of insulin caused by dysfunction of BETA CELLS or due to insulin resistance. It usually occurs in 35-40 years old.
Other Types of diabetes care:
- Gestational diabetes
- Monogenic diabetes
- Cystic fibrosis-related diabetes
Effect Of Diabetes:
More time too much glucose in the blood cause serious problems like-
- Damage eye
- Damage kidney
- Damage nerves.
- Cause heart disease
- Dental disease
- Foot problems.
Level Of Glucose in Blood:
According to the American Diabetes Association, the blood glucose levels for an adult without diabetes are –
- Below 100 mg|dL —Before meals and fasting.
- Below 140 mg| dL —-Two hours after a meal.
The necessity of Blood Glucose level test by Glucometer/sugar testing machine:
This is a quantitative test by which you can find out the amount of sugar(glucose) in a blood sample. This test is done to-
- Know the level of blood glucose levels in the blood or if you have low or high levels of glucose in the blood.
- Understand how diet and exercise change the level of glucose.
- Decide daily adjustment in treatment.
The selective factor of Glucometer:
There are several characteristics of glucose meter which may differ from model to model. Before buying a glucometer you have to select which glucometer is the best. A blood glucometer is a small Computerized implement that measures and display blood glucose levels. Nowadays many types of variable glucometers are obtainable for home use. Study all options before buying a glucometer. The range of glucometer available to people with diabetes has increased over the past two decades, with improved functionally and the incorporation of increasingly sophisticated technologies and the special types of features. The factors depend on which you can buy the glucometer are-
- Overall size
- Amount of blood needed for each test
- How easy it is to handle
- Pain associated with using the
- Technical support provided by the manufacturer
- Testing speed
- Cost of the meter
- Ability to reserve test results in memory
- Cost of the test strips
- Ability to transmit data to a computer
- Clear display
- Storable option
How to check Glucometer Performance:
There are three ways to make sure that the meter is working properly-
- Use liquid control solutions-
- Whenever get an unusual result
- If you drop the meter
- When opening a new container of test strips.
- Use electronic checks- Every time you turn on the meter, it does an electronic check. If it detects a problem it will give you an error code
- Compare meter with a blood glucose test performed in a laboratory. Take the meter with you to your next appointment with your health care provider.
Selecting sites of blood Glucose test from Body:
We usually test this process on or take blood from the finger. Example of such alternative sampling sites are –
- Upper arm
AST (alternative site testing) sampling sites may provide inaccurate results at those times.
Checking time of blood Glucose:
Scrutinize blood sugar which helps to know how diabetes is controlled in the body . Two main times of testing diabetes is 1-2 hours after the meal and before the meal. You may also take suggestions from the doctor about how many times the test should have done. This number is your target blood sugar level.
Time of sugar test
- Before Meals
- 1-2 hours after meals
Parts of an ideal Best Sugar Test machine in India
Lancet:- This is a needle that is used to get a drop of blood from the finger or other parts of the body. It is a medical gadget used for capillary blood sample collection. A is a kind of a scalpel or similar to the scalpel blade. but the difference of it from the scalpel is lancet is a double edge blade or needle.
The lancets are mainly disposable. Lancet can be not reused. It can cause infections. Also sometimes the needle becomes dull.
Universal lancets are often sharp, thin, and easy to use as brand name lancets. Lancet needles are made from natural and latex-free plastic and superior metal, and safe for use.
Most people use the brand name glucometer because they come with their glucose meter kit. Universal lancets are very good for use. The three reasons why you should try universal lancets instead of brand lancets-
- They do the same job as the band lancet -prick finger or palm.
- They are cheaper
- They fit almost all lancing devices.
Test Strips:- Test strips is a place where put the blood sample which you are testing. A consumable element containing chemicals that react with glucose in the drop of the blood is used for each measurement. For some type of test, strips are plastic with a small spot impregnated with glucose oxidase and other components. This helps in determining the blood sugar level in the body. The sugar test strips absorb the blood easily and spread quickly on the strip. The strip needs a small amount of blood drop that shows reliable results in a few seconds. After the test matches the color of the strip visually to the closest colored dot on the test strip container.
When blood is placed onto the test strip, it reacts with a chemical called glucose oxidase forming gluconic acid from the glucose in the blood. At the end of the test strip, the meter transfers a current to the test strip. Generally, 0.5 to 1 microlitre blood is required to perform a test.
Each strip is used once and then throw out.
Control Solution:- This is used to make sure that the meter is working in a proper manner. A glucose control solution is used to confirm the perfection of the meter. It is principal to run periodic control tests to confirm that the meter and the test strips are functioning in a proper manner. They also giving authentic results. By this, you get the correct reading that you need.
If a control solution has a range of 94-126 mg|dL, then the meter displays a reading of a range of 76-150 mg|dL.
Facts should know before performing a test:
- Wash hands before performing the test- Food or Juice may overwhelm the blood sugar result.
- The meter may give wrong results if the wrong test strip is used- Use the right test strip for the meter.
- Glass cleaners, ammonia, and other cleaning products may damage the meter- Follow the direction on how to clean your meter. Clean your meter in a proper manner.
- Other medicine or drugs and dialysis solution may affect blood sugar result- Consult a doctor or any health care provider to know how your medicine will affect blood sugar level results.
Write down the blood sugar test results and the date and the time you tested – Take the results to your doctor when you will go.